Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Some more movie recommendations

I have been a lazy blogger, recently.

But I went to the movies. :-)

I really enjoyed Girl with Pearl Earring. This is the title of a painting by Dutch 17th century artist Vermeer.
The movie is a fictional version of how that painting came to be.

Also interesting but not so recent:

Open Range by Kevin Costner. Beautiful landscape shots! I especially liked the slow, slow build up to a thrilling "bullet-intensive" climax.
Not your conventional Western movie, if you ask me.

I don't know whether it will be released in the US but it's worth it:
Der Untergang.
This movie is about the last days inside the Führerbunker based on the autobiography of Hitlers secretary Traudl Junge.
Quite a shocking movie for me. I think this is as close as it gets to see Hitler's menace and yet the reason why he was so appealing to the folks at the time. (He could appear quite charming or caring in private life.)

Next movie I am planning on watching is Fahrenheit 9/11. Let's see what all the fuzz is about.


No comments: